After 3.5 years, I am finally back in NYC (albeit only for a short few days). What an incredible city. What an incredibly expensive city too...
I never quite felt at home in NYC - to me it always seemed too fast, too crowded, too busy. Funnily though, I can say the exact same things about Shanghai, yet Shanghai does feel a bit more 'homey' to me. Maybe it's because home is just people - people that you love and that love you back? Or maybe it's because I've now spent more time in Shanghai than in NYC? Either way, neither NYC or Shanghai can compare to Texas when it comes to 'home'.
At the same time, it's helpful for me to remind myself that NYC, Shanghai, Texas, etc., are all just temporary homes - they elicit feelings of longing for "belonging" in me, but none of them can quite satisfy my true longing for a perfect home.
Thank You for welcoming me back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment