Today is the last day of the London trainee who worked with us here in Shanghai for about two months. Well, technically his last day is Wednesday, but we have Monday through Wednesday off for May holidays, so...
The trainee is one of two Christian co-workers here at my firm. He is younger than me, but I feel like he is wise beyond his years - at his age, I was a lot more confused and lost than him. I feel like God has really blessed me with the opportunity to talk to a fellow Christian lawyer about the struggles we both face in our profession and our firm. In truth, my other Christian co-worker also affords me this opportunity, but he is married with a kid, so his priorities and struggles are slightly different from mine.
I will likely not see my London trainee friend again anytime soon. We may have an opportunity to continue working together, but it is highly unlikely that the firm would ask him to relocate to Shanghai - and he's pretty sure Shanghai isn't the place for him. As for me, I know I will probably never move to London or the Middle East to practice. Nevertheless I am thankful for the opportunity to have met him and gotten to know him. And, in faith, I know I'll get to see him again, someday, in the Father's presence.
I think relationships (of all types and forms) are fragile things that can hurt and scar us, but, on balance, I think they are worth pursuing, if only to get to know one of the Father's beloved creation (and someone for whom Jesus shed His blood) better. I pray and hope God will continue to bless and protect my friend on his journey through life.
Thank you.
Thank You.
No comments:
Post a Comment