I felt guilty putting socks on this morning. I felt guilty that I still had legs.
I don't deserve legs. It's a gift. Our bodies, our health, our very existence is a gift of grace. The fact that we get to choose how to steward our lives, our bodies, our time here on Earth is also a gift.
Out of His infinite love, God created the world (and me). He saw the human condition we placed ourselves in and He did not despair. He had a plan - He sent His son.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16 ESV).
I didn't fight against the guilt this morning. I let it touch me, let it wash over me, but I did not let it linger in me. Even the guilt I felt this morning was, for me, proof that the Holy Spirit resides in me. So I didn't resist it, but at the same time, I felt no need to dwell on it. If I continue to focus on the problems of this world, I tend to forget and discount the fact that He has already defeated the grave.
While I still draw breath, I am hoping, by grace, to not focus on what the world, the flesh, or the devil say to me. I choose to remember the lover of my soul emptying Himself on the cross for me, for you, for God the Father and His resurrection.
Thank You for the peace that surpasses understanding.
No comments:
Post a Comment