Monday, April 22, 2013

Guns

I like guns.  I own a gun (back home in Texas).  I think people should be allowed to protect their loved ones with guns.

I also believe in the sacrificial love of Jesus.  The man who died so that I may have eternal life.

To me, the gun debate boils down to a simple question.  Should society give me the right to choose that my life is worth saving more than the "evil people" trying to kill me (and presumably others)?  If yes, then I (and every other "non-evil" person) should be allowed as much access to guns as possible to protect ourselves and thwart "evil people".  If no, then I (and every other "non-evil" person) should be restricted from access to guns.

Attendant to that simple question, I think about how all sin is sin.  How I am undeserving of grace.  How even if I die, I will spend eternity with God.  How I would do anything to protect my loved ones. 

Too simplistic, perhaps, but it is the way the gun debate boils down for me. 

Thank You that this question will be moot in Your [current] eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment