I am super paranoid when it comes to taxes. So I did the most prudent, conservative thing a person could do when it came to filing my Chinese taxes. I parcelled my filings to the tax bureau the day I got my completed filings from E&Y (my firm's accountants).
A month later (yesterday), I find out the parcel company never delivered my tax filings... and they only managed to return my undelivered tax filings to me yesterday. Thankfully, I went to the tax bureau today, hand-delivered my tax filings, and everything got sorted out without a hitch - pretty amazing given China's penchant for bureaucracy. I also found out that the tax bureau does not accept parcels.
So really, if I wasn't that paranoid about my taxes, this problem would not have actually occurred, as I would have just used the normal post office to deliver the tax filings and the tax bureau would have received my tax filings on time.
Give thanks in all circumstances - even when trying to render unto Mao.
No comments:
Post a Comment