Can't argue with the little things, it's the little things that make up life.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Days 36 to 39 (Monday March 21 to Thursday March 24)
Thank God for perseverance. All I can remember about those past three days were how terribly angry and sad I was that I had to go back to work after the Single's conference. I think it was about this time that I got really really tired of the wet, cold Shanghai winter. It was also around this time that I realized that I probably just needed one more paycheck to pay off my loans. It's a terrible thing to lose one's motivation. One's reason for "doing". And in those few days, I lost my motivation to continue being a lawyer here in Shanghai. I am away from family and friends, my grasp of the local language and culture are tenous at best and Big Law is not an easy place to work at. But through conversations with friends and my sister, I was convinced to persevere. To continue. To search for a bigger better goal. I'll let you know how the search goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment