Thank God... for Singapore.
The city is every bit as vibrant, delicious, hot, clean and exciting as I remember it. What an awesome mini-reunion we had in Singapore. God really blessed our time together in Singapore and I know all of us have come back to Shanghai wishing we could have just stayed there longer.
Pre-Wedding: Notable highlights include my first pedicure, playing with Tim's family's dogs, not being able to sleep because of lingering food poisoning effects.
Wedding: No matter how many weddings I go to, I am amazed at how moved I am each time I see the bride for the first time in her wedding dress. Kay looked beautiful of course, but in her face, I could see the joy of similar sisters, mothers, and friends around the world who have gotten married or who will get married. There is nothing quite like a bride. And as the church, we are all the bride of Christ. Sometimes though, we just can't reproduce the same joy that Kay exuded as she walked down the aisle to be united with her groom. It was a lovely ceremony and Kurk sang to Kay in the middle of the whole thing, making it even more difficult for the rest of groomsmen all over the world to top Kurk.
Post Wedding: There is something quite special about fellowship. I can't quite explain it, but everyone who has experienced fellowship in the presence of the Holy Spirit knows what I'm talking about. It's the prayers, the conversations, the love, the encouragement, the support, the accountability... It's fellowship. And the Holy Spirit was there to meet us throughout it all - be it biking through the trails in Ubin, hanging out to eat dessert at Sally and Franklyn's, going on food crawls... I don't know about others, but I've realized that I NEED fellowship. And I am so blessed that in Singapore, God found a way to completely overflow my cup and surround me with some of the best fellowship I've ever experienced.
Thank God.
No comments:
Post a Comment