I remember hearing about "breaking generational curses" at Father's Heart in Singapore. It wasn't part of the Father's Heart ministry specifically, but there was a Singaporean lady attendant that ran a ministry to break generational curses.
Frankly, at that time, the entire idea of a "generational curse" greatly offended me. Who was anyone to tell me that I was "cursed" because of something my ancestors did or didn't do. Why should I have to reap what they sowed? I was incredibly upset at the entire idea.
Then, as He invariably does, God shined a spotlight on certain misconceptions and mistaken assumptions that I previously held. I now know that they are real and that they exist, even in my own life. But being afflicted with a generational curse is not an inescapable sentence nor the final word in any one's life - we are always more than conquerors through Christ who loves us.
Thank You for loving me.
No comments:
Post a Comment