My friend used to say to tell me all the time that "hurt people hurt people."
Rationally, I know that Christians are just as, if not more, messed up, broken, and hurt than non-Christians. On top of that, I know that I am not without my own sins, brokenness, and (glaring) flaws. I guess that's why God calls us to be perfect, as He is perfect - so that we can be the model people that other, non-believers, would want to be like. So that we can break the cycle of "hurt people hurt people."
But perfection doesn't come from effort - it never could. If it could, God Himself would not have had to die on a cross. In this season of my life, I feel like God is asking me to be (even more) less judgmental. I feel like He is leading me to have eyes of faith to see others as He sees them. To lead me to see others as He sees me.
There is so much wrong in this world, but thankfully we are not without hope. He is here with me/us. And He wants me/you to partner with Him to change the world for His Kingdom.
I pray that God will give me/us enough faith to do that which we cannot, but He can, do.
No comments:
Post a Comment