Thursday, May 16, 2013

Works Righteousness

The concept of earning salvation always turned me off. 

I grew up trying my hardest (in everything), grew disillusioned with the diminishing returns of hard work and pretty soon gave up on fruitlessly chasing perfection.  Enter Min-Max!  If you don't know what Min-Max is, it's essentially searching for the most efficient use of resources (including time).

After accepting Jesus Christ, Min-Max has had to give way to grace in my life.  Grace is me never being able to earn the ultimate prize but still getting it because of Jesus' blood.  The acceptance of grace in faith allows me to give my all to God - without worrying about perfection since the ultimate prize is already mine.

Unfortunately, when it comes to work... I tend to slip back into old patterns of Min-Max.  The astute reader will, of course, ask: "Isn't work part of giving your all to God?"  And to him/her, I say: "You're right, following Jesus is a 24/7 thing, not compartmentalized or subdivided based on my preference."  I guess I need more passion for Jesus at work.

Thank You for interceding.  Even in my work.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment