"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor;
he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;"
Isaiah 61:1 (ESV)
I think training is incredibly important - I couldn't do half of the things I am doing in my job if I was not properly trained.
But I believe that qualification, true qualification, comes only from the Lord. Although it is technically true that the training I received from law school and my law degree "qualifies" me to do my job, the fact of the matter is, I am constantly learning in my job. No one person knows all the answers except for God. And because God is in me, He qualifies me to do the work - perfectly according to His will. When I relied on my own strength alone, I discovered very quickly how unqualified I was to do anything of real importance in this world (which, essentially, is synonymous with His will).
Isaiah, with the Spirit of the Lord GOD, is qualified to bring good news to the poor, to heal broken hearts, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and to free prisoners (all part of God's perfect, loving will). This same Spirit of the Lord GOD is within me, and if Isaiah can, then I can, and you can.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty.
No comments:
Post a Comment