Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Luck

I'm not sure how the World Cup can or does advance the Kingdom of God.  Nonetheless, it's one of my favorite events and each time it comes around, I'm reminded just how much "luck" plays a part in victory.  

True, for the most part, the superior team advances, but in a sport where one goal can (and often does) make all the difference, being lucky doesn't hurt.  

I hope that Argentina's fragile defense and even more fragile luck continues to hold out.  Next up is another European team - a formidable Belgium team who eliminated my adopted country (fĂștbol-wise) of America.  At the very least, I am very grateful to the USMNT - the Von Trapps - for pushing Belgium into extra time.  It would have been a tremendous disadvantage to Argentina if it's next opponent was fresher and played less minutes.

I know God probably doesn't ultimately care about the results of the matches, but I know He cares about hearts.  And my heart is thankful that Argentina gets to play another match.

No comments:

Post a Comment