Taiwan. Argentina. Texas. New York. Shanghai. Abu Dhabi.
From willful ignorance to rebellion to submission to surrender and finally freedom.
While I was back in Shanghai to celebrate my birthday with my cell group, my fiancée asked my friend how I had changed in the 3 years that he has known me. Without missing a beat, he said my temper - and clarified that I was a lot less arrogant than before and was calmer and more humble. In faith, I accept that his characterization of my sanctification is accurate and give all glory and thanks to God. Some things are impossible with man, but with God, nothing is impossible.
So I ask God for more of the impossible. To continue to sanctify me and to remind me daily of the incredible scandal that is His free grace. It is indeed good (and scandalous) news - that while I was still a sinner, Christ, Immanuel, God with us, died for me (and you) - Romans 5:8.
What a journey. Here's to 30 more. And then another 30 more. And then a few more billion 30 mores - until eternity.
Thank You for loving me (us).
No comments:
Post a Comment