Last weekend, my girlfriend and I traveled to Singapore for a short trip. It was so good to see old friends and meet new friends. I don't know what it is about Singapore, but every time I go there, I really enjoy it. Good food, a lot of sun (even during rainy seasons), and green everywhere.
In Singapore, I had the privilege to attend The City church and hear Pastor Daniel preach. His sermon was on the Bible's exhortation to put seven things "first."
1. Putting relationships first
2. Seeking the Kingdom of God first
3. Recognizing that I need help first before correct or judging someone else
4. First bind the enemy - to live victoriously in all areas of my life
5. To follow the first and greatest commandment - to ensure that my passion for Jesus is growing
6. To first change the heart before getting to modifying my behavior
7. To be clear about my mission - to first preach the gospel
A timely reminder to rededicate myself to the pursuit of the excellence of God.
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment