Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Asking Christians Questions

This may come as a shock to a lot of people, but Christians are really really messed-up people.  Christians are the people who are so incredibly messed up that they realize that they need a savior - that they can't save themselves and therefore need God to step in.  Christians aren't perfect.  They are far far far from perfect.  I, myself, am a great example of a messed-up person.  I know I'm screwed up.  I know how easily I'm tempted by sin. 

So please don't be too surprised when Christians say things that you may not agree with.  Do I wish they could have spread their message in a more nuanced, more loving, more perfect way? Absolutely.  But discourse is not discourse without disagreement.  And strongly held opinions are strongly held opinions! 

God is love.  Even when His own children don't get it quite right.  And we are all sinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment